PAMPHLETS FOR A BETTER HUMANKIND Addressing The Micro- And Macro-Problems Facing Humankind, (world events, social issues, prison reform, et. al.) And Providing Achievable Solutions; Going Where The Politically Correct Dare Not. (While the SOLUTION offered herein may not be a panacea, and may be provocative, it is offered as a positive step to correct the problem presented.)
TAKE BACK PRESIDENT OBAMA'S NOBEL PEACE PRIZE
David Scott Harrison, (c) 2011
President Barrack Obama has proven himself to be the greatest disappointment in a long line of disappointing presidents. Maybe Obama isn't as bad as he seems. Perhaps his failings are no worse than other disappointing presidents. It could be that his tumble back to earth only feels like such a great distance because he put himself on a cloud with grandiose promises of peace, and visions of hope coupled with august assurances of doing the Peoples' will. But Obama's promises and assurances were all hollow, unless you are part of Wall Street or one of the richest Americans. Main Street Americans whose incomes put them into the middle or lower economic classes, and those who are poor, have been betrayed and duped ... again. At least McCain and Palin were aboveboard with their warmongering and lust for oil. McCain and Palin would not have acted any better, perhaps no worse,, towards Main Street than has Obama, but at least they were honest about it. Obama's rhetoric of hope and peace won him the Nobel Peace Prize; the first time the Nobel Peace Prize had been given out for lip service above deeds. Form over substance. Let's look at just a few of Obama's double-crosses.
- During Obama's campaign he promised Americans a moratorium on home foreclosures. Once in Office, however, Obama's loyalty to the big banks came through; there would be no moratorium. Even when those big banks were discovered to have played loose and fraudulently with foreclosure paperwork, Obama stood firmly aside his friends, the bankers, and stated that foreclosures would continue uninterrupted -- as families were thrown out into the streets. More than seven million United States properties have been foreclosed, are in foreclosure or are delinquent.
- Obama crowed that comprehensive immigration reform was a top priority; promising to pass legislation in his first year in office. Hasn't happened.
- Obama's military in two years has conducted more drone strikes than Bush's military carried out in eight years. Drone strikes under Obama have killed more civilians than were killed under Bush. Unsatisfied with the killings of 2009, drone strikes doubled in 2010.
- Obama escalated the war in Afghanistan, now the longest running war in United States history (a war that is bankrupting the United States). Promises to get out of Afghanistan by 2014 have been explained as meaning only an end to our "combat commitment."
- Obama only sort of kept his promise to end the war in Iraq. While the United States may no longer be at war in Iraq, the United States maintains a substantial force there, however Obama frames it.
- Obama promised to close the notorious Guantanamo Bay prison, in 2009 signing an executive order to do so. Obama now says closing the prison is not feasible.
- Protecting the fossil fuel industry, the Obama administration has refused to sign onto the Kyoto Protocol on greenhouse gas pollution.
- Obama's tax "compromise" with the Republicans was a rude slap in the face to the poor. Beyond even Bush's largress, Obama's tax compromise benefited the richest Americans, while at the same time raising taxes on individuals making less than $20,000.00 and couples making under $40,000.00.
- Obama's Number One campaign contributor, Wall Street, was bailed out with billions of dollars off the backs of the middle and poor economic classes.
- During Obama's campaign he stated that he would never grant immunity to the telecommunications industry that spied on American citizens, but he lied. He now says that the telecommunications industry has immunity for their illegal spying.
- "No one is stronger than I am on maintaining net-neutrality." Obama caved-in to big business. The rest of us will have to do with less, slower service.
- Under Obama, the laws to hold prisoner detainees indefinitely and without habeas corpus review have been expanded.
- With oil still fouling the Gulf of Mexico, and a wink and a nod to the oil industry, Obama lifted the moratorium on off-shore drilling, including the most risky drilling in deep waters; resumed permitting all applications despite safety issues being unresolved.
- Obama's military budget is larger than the military budget under Bush. Warmonger.
Obama sold snake oil to the American public, the people of the world, and the Nobel Peace Prize committee. Deceitful promises of peace. Illusions of hope. Bogus assurances of doing the Peoples' will. Obama has proven himself to be a warmonger, crony of the rich., and loyal to big business. Obama is no friend to those Americans he so glibly lied to during his campaign.
SOLUTION: The Nobel Peace Prize Committee was duped along with most of the civilized world by Obama's smooth rhetoric, but lip service does not warrant the honor of the Nobel Peace Prize. Because Obama's Nobel Peace Prize was ill-gotten, it should be taken back.